Conversion: 1 pound = 0,453 kilogram
Historical uranium price forecasts
- UxC: The Ux Consulting Company, LLC
- TradeTech Uranium Information
- World Nuclear Association
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- Uranium Information Centre (Australia)
- World Nuclear Fuel Market
- New York Nuclear Corporation
- China National Nuclear Corporation
- Nufcor International Ltd
- Uranium Participation Corporation (ETF)
- The business of uranium-U3O8.biz
- Cameco Corporation (NYSE:CCJ; TSX:CCO) mines in Canada, USA, Kazakhstan. Cameco has alliances and joint ventures with exploration companies in Gabon in western Africa and in Nunavut. It has a non-binding memorandum of understanding, entered into in June of 2006, to acquire 19,5% of UNOR Inc (UNOFF.PK, UNI.V) formerly Hornby Bay Exploration Ltd. UNOR has 226 mineral claims in Nunavut on the Hornby Basin, which has similar geological features to the Athabasca Basin in northern Saskatchewan.
- Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RTP;TSX:RIO) mines in Australia (Energy Resources of Australia), USA, Namibia. In 2006, Rio Tnto's total production was 7,094 tonnes, second only to Cameco, which produced 8,249 tonnes.
- Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (ERA) mines in Australia
- Areva NC (COGEMA) mines in Canada, Niger, Kazakhstan and bought UraMin Inc (UMN.TO, UAMNF.PK), with extensive uranium holdings in Africa, in 2007 for $2,5 billion.
Areva uranium deal eyed amid fraud allegations
Published: 13th January 2012
- Kazatomprom mines in Kazakhstan
- BHP Billiton (WMC Resources) (LSE:BLT; NYSE:BHP) mines in Australia. Olympic Dam has the world's fourth-largest copper deposit, the biggest uranium deposit, and produces more gold and silver than most other mines in Australia. BHP Billiton produced 2,868 tonnes of uranium in 2006.
- Navoi Mining&Metallurgy Combinat (NMMC) mines in Uzbekistan
- Priargunsky Industrial Mining and Chemical Union mines in Russia
- SXR Uranium One Inc (TSX:SXR) agreed in February 2007 to buy UrAsia Energy Ltd (TSXv:UUU) for $3.1 billion, to form the world's second- largest uranium producer. The combined company, once all its mines are operating, will trail only Cameco Corp. in production and be the only producer in Kazakhstan, South Africa, Australia, the U.S. and Canada, the five largest holders of uranium deposits. It also entered into an agreement with US Energy Corporation for the purchase of the Shootaring Canyon uranium mill in Utah, as well as a land package comprising about 38 763 acres of uranium exploration properties in the US. SXR, is the owner of South Africa's largest undeveloped uranium deposit and UrAsia owns uranium mines in Central Asia. UrAsia mines 1,8 million pounds of uranium in Kazakhstan a year. The company has three mining and exploration projects in Kazakhstan and a fourth exploration venture in Kyrgyzstan. The combined company will be known as Uranium One Inc. Uranium One will have estimated production of more than 7 million pounds of uranium in 2008 from five projects, at cash costs of about $10-$12 per pound. By 2012, the company will produce upwards of between 12 and 15 million pounds per annum. It has indicated U3O8 resources of 36,4 million tons grading 0,81 kg/t, containing 64,9 million pounds U3O8 and inferred U3O8 resources of 219,4 million tons grading 0,38 kg/t, containing 183,6 million pounds U3O8. In June, 2007, Uranium One announced the acquisition of Energy Metals Corporation in a C$1.6bn all-share transaction that gives Uranium One increased exposure to the United States and will increase its projected output to 28 million pounds in 2013, compared to the 2011 production forecast of 27 million pounds by Cameco, the world's largest listed uranium company.
- The Ux Consulting Company, LLC (UxC) list of links
- Uranium Miner's list of uranium miners and explorers
- Analysts Spark New Round of Uranium M&A Possibilities
- Map of uranium mining activities in Canada
- Map of uranium mining activities in Australia
- Uranium Mining in Niger
- Uranium Mineralization in Namibia
See also the USGS publication, Uranium Provinces of North America—Their Definition, Distribution, and Models.
Uranium mining and exploration in Africa
Click HERE for an overview ( Mbendi)